Intro

Food is Life! Let's Come Back to The Table and Enjoy It Together.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Chunky Veggie Pasta



Mandi and I have been reducing our intake of animal proteins lately, primarily meat and poultry. We have been whipping up some awesome all veggie dishes and some seafood as well. This dish is packed full of flavor. The tomato sauce is robust, tangy, a tad sweet, and a bit spicy. Just enough spice to awaken the taste buds. Fresh basil is always a big ingredient in my tomato sauce as it adds unbelievable flavor and helps to marry the other aromatics as well. I love chunky sauces because of the textures it brings to the mouth. I also like to keep things as close to fresh as possible. I do not like thin sauces that have no heartiness to them. I served it over some whole wheat angel hair and voila, bon appetit mon ami.

2 comments:

  1. I am a Vegan, so I am thrilled you are trying to reduce your intake of animal protein! I have discovered black beans make a tasty protein alternative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love black beans but Mandi does not care for them. I love to make black beans with some chipotle and cilantro.

    ReplyDelete