Intro

Food is Life! Let's Come Back to The Table and Enjoy It Together.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Twisted

For the month of September our theme was Italian cuisine. While the traditional idea of Italian is a delicious way to please your palate but as always I have put my own twist to things. The first dish we have on the menu brings flavors of Mexico wrapped with an Italian bow. The inspiration behind this dish came from a pasta I picked up at my local farmer's market. Chipotle and black bean fettuccine made its way into my hands. With a hint of smoke, spice, and black bean earthiness this pasta set the corner stone for an amazing dish. The protein we wanted for this creation was a bone-in pork chop rubbed with special spices and pan seared to perfection. Now what to coat the pasta with? Well I wanted something creamy and healthy so no heavy creams or cheeses here. So I looked through the isles at the market for about 30 minutes and then it hit me. Use avocado as your creamy base and build from there. So we took roasted poblanos, garlic, bell pepper, fresh ground cumin seed, fresh diced tomato, fresh diced onion, sea salt, black pepper, and pureed it all up. To give it an even richer and deeper flavor we took the left over juices from pan searing the chops and added it to the mix. This is how it turned out!


No comments:

Post a Comment