Intro

Food is Life! Let's Come Back to The Table and Enjoy It Together.

Monday, September 13, 2010

Italian Wrap Up





Note: The gleam on the wrap is the juices from the tomatoes! Make sure that you do not use too much oil, oil should never make a food gleam, it it does, you used too much!

I was thinking about doing something for one of my best friends for his birthday and I thought why not dinner? So I went to the store and started up my brain. I was thinking something not spicy but full of flavor, knock your socks off, and quicker than usual. Mandi helped me throw some ideas out there but nothing was coming to me and we were running late. Then I remembered how Josh told we about a month ago that we was in want of some really good cheese. I started from there, put the meal together with some great fresh ingredients and of course a good cheese.

Ingredients:
2 yellow squash sliced into thin strips
3 long red sweet peppers
3 diced garlic cloves
3 hand fulls of chopped fresh bella mushrooms
Basil and Sun dried tomato tortillas
Pesto, homemade or a good brand, do not buy the cheap stuff
1.5 lbs chicken breast cut into strips
6 skinned roma tomatoes
1 head of romaine lettuce
2 Tbsp Litehouse freezed dried italian seasoning ( best not live plant stuff so I have use)
Asiago Cheese, the real stuff, it should be a harder cheese, not mushy, or processed
Sea Salt to taste
Olive Oil

Step 1 sauté the squash, mushrooms, chicken, herbs, garlic, in some olive oil, salt to taste, add skinned tomatoes after 6-7 minutes, reduce heat and let simmer for 30 minutes.

Step 2
Wash and prepare lettuce, grate cheese, and set aside

Step 3
While chicken is cooking roast sweet peppers in oven on 425 until skin bubbles and turns dark brown, remove skin, and cut into strips

Step 4
Layout the tortillas, spread some pesto, lay down the lettuce, cheese, sweet peppers cut into strips and put chicken dish on top. Eat up, it so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment