Intro

Food is Life! Let's Come Back to The Table and Enjoy It Together.

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Work in Progress the Best Pizza Eva!





So this is a work in progress as some things happened to the dish I did not think about before I put it together. When using tomatoes for a pizza do not cover them up with cheese first roast them before hand. I forgot to roast them before hand and I got a somewhat soggy crust due to the water content of the tomatoes leeching out while baking. Also the cheese can do this too so I would suggest baking it a little before covering it with the asiago. Also the way I used the pancheta made it a bit over powered, so next time not chunky, just thinly sliced in strips!

Recipe as I made it last night:
Ingredients:
1 container grape tomatoes, rinsed and cup into pieces
Pizza dough ( there is a simple recipe for this on here or you can get it premade at the store)
EVOO
1/4 lb pancheta diced
Chicken breast
About 3-4 cups of chopped portobello mushrooms (fresh please)
Litehouse freeze dried italian herb blend
1 diced sweet onion
3 cloves garlic diced
Sea Salt
Freshly shredded asiago cheese
Freshly mozzarella pulled apart into chunks
Alfredo Sauce

Step 1:
Let the dough come to room temp, stretch and toss, set on oiled pizza dish (use EVOO here)

Step 2:
Dice garlic, tomatoes, mushrooms, onion, pancheta, and cut thawed chicken into chunks. Place mushrooms, onion, garlic, with herbs/salt to taste and saute until done. Place tomatoes onto baking sheet with EVOO and roast until the skins wilt. Drain off excess moisture. Grade cheeses set aside.

Step 3:
Place pizza dough in a 425 degree preheated oven for about 3 minutes, let the dough harden up a bit, cover dough with a very thin layer of alfredo sauce. Add your toppings except the asiago cheese, bake for about 10 minutes, cover pizza with asiago cheese and finish baking until cheese is slightly golden. Deliciously amazing flavors. Eat up.

I will be perfecting this recipe so I will post the redo's when I get them done. Mess around with it too and let me know what you find out and think.

No comments:

Post a Comment