Intro

Food is Life! Let's Come Back to The Table and Enjoy It Together.

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Is there such a thing as healthier fast food?







There is such a thing as healthier quick service restaurants and EVOS in Carrollwood is a great example.  They serve many different menu items that will satisfy your appetite, remain easy on the wallet, and friendly to your heart.  Unlike large chains like McDonald's and the like, EVOS does a great job at bringing you fare that is decently tasty and made with better quality ingredients.  Instead of emulsified chicken battered, flashed fried, flash frozen, and then fried again, EVOS makes it a habit of throwing things in the oven to crisp them up.  Their air fries are baked, light, and crisp.  I am a spud lover and EVOS fries are not laden with grease that detracts from the potato's starchy goodness.  I met with the store manager and she delightfully offered me a sample of their strawberry, banana smoothie.  It was cold, smooth, and fresh tasting.  You could tell fresh fruit was used, not flavored powders or artificial sweeteners.  The sample was refreshing on a sweltering summer day.  The main piece to me meal was the thai peanut chicken wrap.  The very first thing I noticed was that the tortilla was not soggy, which in my world is always a good thing.  The rice inside was cooked well and not mushy and broken like most places like to make it.  The chicken, was, well, real!  No formed, emulsified crap you find even at places like Chick Fil A.  Yes the last time I ordered at Chick Fil A the grilled chicken sandwich was made with such a mutant.  The rest of the wrap was delightfully light.  Most attempts to make Asian inspired dishes end up too salty and lack depth.  This wrap did not try to go into realms unknown.  The sauce was refreshing and seasoned properly.  To my surprise, the mixed greens used were crisp and fresh.  In all, I am putting my food snob stamp of approval on this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment