Intro

Food is Life! Let's Come Back to The Table and Enjoy It Together.

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Red Beans with Tasso, Kielbasa, and Andouille


This dish is one of my favorite to make because its easy. Throw all the ingredients together with the cooked beans. Let it simmer for about 30 minutes, voila dinner is served. You can serve it over rice, pair it with blackened fish or chicken, or eat it by itself.

The only things I recommend with this dish is to get good quality kielbasa, andouille, and tasso. Use fresh herbs and spices to get a robust and hearty flavor. Be careful not to make this too salty. Always add less and then build up if you need to after its done.

Also one more thing, do not try to short cut the cooking time, cook on medium heat until veggies and spices are cooked. If you burn the beans the rest of the dish will taste burnt!

Mandi's birthday is tomorrow so I have my work cut out for me today. Not only am I attempting to make pho, I am also planning an Italian dinner, and a family meal for Saturday for Fillet Mignon. I will post pictures as soon as possible.

Happy Birthday To My Dear Wife Mandi

No comments:

Post a Comment