Intro

Food is Life! Let's Come Back to The Table and Enjoy It Together.

Friday, May 13, 2011

Tangy Sweet Chicken with Asparagus



Last nights dinner turned out awesome. It was light, flavorful, and hearty. Of course it was cooked in my wok. I love wok cooking and it is the most used cooking utensil in our house. There is nothing like it. Some people have said to me that flat bottom stainless steal fry pans work just as good but I have to disagree. Anyways the sauce for this dish was an experiment and we were not sure if it would turn out amazing or awful. So the sauce was a mixture of lime juice, dry sherry, orange blossom honey, ginger paste (ginger, garlic, and shallot), soy sauce, orange zest, and a tad bit of water. The result was a very tangy somewhat bitter and sweet sauce. It was added to the stir fried chicken and veggies along with a little light brown sugar and the end result was an awesome light caramelization on the chicken that was light, tangy, sweet, and oh so good. I added some Thai chili to my portion for some heat and man it was delectable.

No comments:

Post a Comment